On: Affirmative Inaction

7:13 PM

 
 
Gifs via aripecola

On the anniversary of what would have been James Baldwin's 93rd birthday, I thought it best to honor one of my favorite writers and activists with a read of the Orange Idiot and his Keebler Elf.

If you haven't heard already - and I mean, how could you miss it, the chatter on the streets of D.C. these past six months have been louder than the "Real Housewives of Potomac" castmates forced arguments -  Honeysuckle Lenin has redirected the Justice Department to investigating and suing universities over affirmative action admissions policies deemed to discriminate against white applicants, according to a document obtained by The New York Times.

I'm not even going to jump into the sheer stupidity of the Marigold Manchurian Candidate's newest endeavor, as there are literally hundreds of thousands of empirical and quantitative data proving minorities' sixteen slots at your sh*tty state college isn't holding white folks back.

No, I just want to say to that tooth-decay colored fool: I've peeped the game, and I know the formula.

Mayo Mao Ze Dong has perfected the formula of gaslighting the public with - typically race-based - vitriol, then, while we are all distracted and cracking our knuckles in preparation to fire up and ship out the latest think piece, at least 20 stupid things happen.

Treason.

Investigations into aforementioned treason.

Fraud.

Leaks.

Casual racism.

Casual sexism.

Staff in-fighting.

The resignation of officers.

Bold-faced lies.

Something insane ALWAYS comes about after these moments, and it is always clouded behind some bullsh*t that will likely get tossed out, quickly forgotten, or put on Creamsicle Idi Amin's neverending to-do list of flopped policies.

F*cking keep it.

All the bullsh*t, and the games, F*CKING KEEP IT.

Where is any of this energy towards legacy admissions?! Towards students whose families are inordinately wealthy and able to purchase a spot in school?!

Nowhere.
Because when you're poor and non-white, every single success is a threat to the status quo.
Because when you're poor and non-white, every single success is viewed as a chink in the armor of white supremacy.

I am so SO tired of this walking cold sore, I can't even articulate my anger without flaring up what is likely to become an irregular heart rate - the man-child makes me so mad.

Image obtained from Dominic Holden
And just as I thought. It begins.

I need a f*cking Xanax.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive