The 20 Things We're Leaving Behind in 2020

2:08 PM



Gifs via lucamarinnelli

This has been, by far, the most dystopian year I have lived through. While I was one of the few Americans who was extremely fortunate to not experience the most negative consequences of the covid-19 pandemic, witnessing the further destruction of my reality was not easy to take in stride. Like some people, I fell into unhealthy patterns of behavior. I was a hermit, I ate far too much junk food between March-May, I became sedentary, I nearly shaved my head. But I was alive.

I didn't write on this blog because I told myself I was too busy. From graduate school to professional internships, I prioritized my working output over rest. I started and stopped and started and stopped doing things that made me happy. But I was alive.

There is a necessary importance in remaining still. For me, I was forced to look around and analyze just what I wanted to do and be with my life. Things I thought were certain became uncertain, and things I thought were important stopped feeling so important. I'm grown-ish (HA.), now, so coming into my own is starting to feel pretty crucial.

If 2020 taught me anything, it's that nothing is certain. And even with that certainty, I'm still hoping for a 2021 that is much, MUCH better than 2020.

Regardless, I gathered four of my close friends to close out 2020 with me in a new and different way. Instead of my super long posts, I have chosen to do a Zoom-recorded "podcast" about the 20 things (total) that we will be leaving behind in 2020. Hopefully it makes you laugh. If not, have a happy New Year, regardless.

I won't promise to be consistent, but I always promise to be funny!

Okay, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - see you in 2021!




Intro Music by Wataboi from Pixabay Outro Music by Wataboi from Pixabay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive