WTH Moment of the...Year

11:13 AM

Gifs by SupremeCarlos

It's been a week since the elections, and I'm still mad. Actually, I'm pissed as hell. Now, don't get me wrong, the hatred that has long festered in this country is by no means a surprise to me. I'm a black woman borne from once immigrant, now naturalized, citizens. There is no false pretense as to just what laid the foundation of this nation. I'm just shocked that it has come to this.



Have you ever been so mad, you lose your words? For the past week, I have felt as though I have been scrubbed raw, completely vulnerable to the external. I have become hyperaware of all who I surround myself with, and the manner in which I conduct myself. 

Essentially, the manner in which I already lived my life feels like it has been amplified to 100, add a protective barrier or...six. 

I recall when Jane Elliot said in a speech she gave at my school that it was up to US, to not allow hatred to run this country. It was up to US to ensure that someone with no actual political or military background hold the highest position in Office. A man whose platform catered to the racist, xenophobic, mysoginistic white supremacists and...other minorities (which...along with the people who joked around this election...f you) who prioritized their hate over logic.

In the past week alone, I have felt the deep anxiety of potentially witnessing the complete regression of progress made by President Barack Obama. Now, not all he did was perfect, but it is damn sure better than what his predecessor and successor have done and will do.

AND I'M MAD ABOUT IT.

I'm mad people thought the election was a joke, and wrote in nonsensical candidates or voted third party. 

I'm mad Colin Kaepernick bluntly stated that he didn't vote, completely invalidating his protest for the betterment of relationships between the black community and police

I'm mad racists think minorities are scared of them, and are now getting buck because their candidate won and their sentiments have been validated by an incompetent "silent minority" and electorate.

I'm mad Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party didn't attempt to appeal to the poor, white working class families because they were too pressed to 'whip' and 'nae-nae' into the black vote, like we were gonna vote for Donasaurus T. Rump over herANYWAYS.

(Even though, fuck them, all this talk about jobs they're never gonna get back and economic anxiety was never really the reason they weren't going to vote for her)

I'm mad Jay-Z and Beyoncé gave Ohio a free concert, and they betrayed them.

I'm mad Ohio betrayed LeBron James, like he hasn't been carrying that state on his back.

I'm mad Florida continues to be The Worst Place.

I'm mad the House and Senate are now majority Republican, which means some bullsh*t is about to follow for everyone who isn't super rich.

I'm mad Rudy Giuliani will have some influence over the nation, like he didn't almost run New York City into the ground.

I'm mad T. Rump's cabinet is about to be filled with the best of the worst people in politics (FUCK Ben Carson's human Valium ass, he's just the worst, Gifted Hands was a LIE).

I'm mad poor-white factory workers really think this fool - known for outsourcing jobs and clothing - is going to reinvigorate the factories like the Industrial fucking Revolution wasn't a thing.

Technology won! Find a way to adapt to the times! Who the hell wants human workers that you have to pay, and insure and sometimes even feed? Have you no idea of just how this country is run? How capitalism works? 

I'm just MAD. I'm MAD, and more than likely, I will be for two years, until the next non-presidential election.

But as Kid Fury said, my heart and my soul are tired, but these hands are just getting started.

*exhales anger, inhales positive energy*

Well, America, this is it. Unless there is some severe flash of divine intervention or a faithless elector manages to save us all, we're stuck in this. The only positive I can think of is that those who voted for him will suffer along with the other minorities, because their ignorance of politics was most definitely taken advantage of.

We are, literally, all in this together.

So, in closing, grab your Solange CD's, and prepare to fight back. It's gonna be a long four years.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive